2 packets of jelly (4 half packets for lots of colour really) choose your favourites
300ml whipping cream
100ml pineapple juice
1/2tsp powdered gelatine
1/2tsp vanilla extract
- Make the jelly up as per the packet instructions and chill until set
- Put the pineapple juice in a sauce pan and sprinkle with gelatine, allow to dissolve
- Heat this gently until melted, remove from heat and add 50ml of cold water, leave to cool (not set)
- Whip the cream and vanilla until stiff peaks are formed.
- Whisk in the pineapple mixture.
- Chop the jelly into cubes
- Add to cream but DO NOT mix as this will cause your jelly to break up
- Pour into a lined 6" cake tin and leave to set preferably overnight but at least for 3 hours
This really is a delightful pudding. One which I think will be a big hit with the kids tonight and possibly a big hit with the adults! So here's to summer, get the BBQ going and have yourself a broken glass cake for dessert!